CDL/DOT Physical Exam in Fairmount Heights, MD: Commercial Driver License (CDL) holders are required to pass a CDL/DOT physical by a medical examiner in the state of Maryland. At Pain and Rehab center in Fairmount Heights, MD, Dr. Gelareh Naenifard completes these physical exams as she is a certified medical examiner with national registry # 9380714400. The exams are completed to determine whether candidates are medically qualified to drive commercial motor vehicles or not. The physicals are thorough and are intended to ensure both the driver’s safety as well as the safety of other drivers on the road. Pain and Rehab Center will review a candidate’s health history and complete any required paperwork. The exam itself includes vision checks, drug testing and disease screening. Upon passing the physical exam, the candidate will receive their certificate.
Our Office Provides
- Hassle free DOT/CDL physical exams
- Truck driver’s exams
- Bus driver’s exams
- In office and onsite exams
- Laminated medical certificate
Services Offered at Our Fairmount Heights Facility
- Medical history
- Physical exam
- Vision test
- Hearing test
- Physical exam interpretation
Other Important Information Regarding the CDL/DOT Physical Exam Provided by Dr. Gelareh Naenifard
- If you drive a vehicle over 10,000 lbs., you are required to carry a medical card.
- We provide the medical exams and issue you the medical card you need to drive a vehicle over 10,000 lbs.
- If you drive a vehicle over 26,000 lbs., you are required to be drug tested.
- We provide in-office, no wait time drug testing.
- Blood pressure reading below 140/90 may allow for a 2 year medical card.
- Keep your BMI under 33 to help avoid sleep apnea testing.
- Call the office if you would like to know your BMI.
- If you have an implantable defibrillator, you will be disqualified.
Recommendations for the Day of the Exam
Prior to the exam, be sure to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water—do NOT drink soda, coffee, tea or hot chocolate! Do not smoke for at least two hours leading up to the exam as well. Make sure to continue to take all of your prescribed medications on time. Also be sure to arrive a little early for your appointment in order to fill out the necessary paperwork.
When Arriving for the CDL/DOT Exam at Pain and Rehab Center
- Bring your current driver’s license with you and one additional form of ID.
- Know your medical history, past surgeries and all current medications. Bring a list if it helps you remember everything.
- Bring a list of prescribing doctors for all medications.
- Bring any eye glasses, contact lenses or hearing aids you use.
- Be prepared to provide a urine sample.